Antonio A. Prado
Fullerton, California USA
World Wide Web: http://surf.to/my.clips
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Communications: More than five years of journalism experience,
more than 10 years of experience in people-oriented work.
- Computers: Nearly 15 years experience with Macintosh, Windows
early Apple systems and UNIX, as well as World Wide Web
design and programming.
- Research: Experience with Lexis-Nexis, Dialog, Westlaw, numerous Internet,
Gopher and World Wide Web databases, as well as public records investigation.
- Languages: Fully fluent in Spanish, substantial Portuguese fluency
and some German.
- Staff Writer, The Orange County Register
Santa Ana, California, May 1997-presently
Covered city halls, schools, community issues, breaking news
and local events for newspaper.
- Independent Journalist, May 1996-presently
Work for a number of clients on a freelance basis:
- The Orange County Register, Santa Ana, California
covered city halls, schools and community issues for newspaper
- The Desert Sun, Palm Springs, California
"Short Trips" feature section correspondent for newspaper
- Newport News, Newport Beach, California
Covered City Hall, schools and the community for local newspaper,
designed and programmed its Web site
- NetProfit magazine, Falls Church, Virginia
Contributor for online Internet business monthly
- Canyon Interactive, Westlake Village, California
copy editor of conference and industry show
transcript text for CD-ROM publication
- Libertarian Party of Orange County, Santa Ana, California
designed and programmed county party's Web site.
- Los Angeles Bureau Reporter, The Bond Buyer
New York City, May 1995-1996
Public finance news coverage of 11 western U.S. states for municipal finance daily.
- Reporter, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin
Ontario, California, July 1993-May 1995
Covered suburban city halls, school districts, local events
and breaking news for regional daily newspaper.
- California State University Fullerton, August 1988-1993
B.A. in communications with journalism emphasis, minors in political science and Spanish.
- Center for California Studies, CSU Sacramento, January-May 1992
Completed the Department of Government's Sacramento Semester program, which
included a political internship and coursework in California government and politics.
- Reporter Intern, The Newport Beach-Costa Mesa Daily Pilot
Costa Mesa, California, January-June 1993
- Executive Editor, Daily Titan, CSU Fullerton, August-December 1992
Led publication that won first place in general excellence among full-size college dailies
for 1992 at the California Intercollegiate Press Association annual competition.
- Legislative Intern, state Sen. Lucy Killea, I-San Diego
State Capitol, Sacramento, California, January-May 1992
Served as an intern under the California State University Sacramento
Center for California Studies Sacramento Semester Program.
- The Walt Disney Company - Disneyland,
Anaheim, California, October 1987-March 1991
Attractions host, with duties including ride operation,
crowd control, assisting foreign guests and conducting
public relations in small crisis situations.
- Testing and Research Center, California State University Fullerton
Fullerton, California, 1990-1991 academic year
Worked as student assistant, helping with academic testing-related
research, registered students for university and other academic tests
and assisted with troubleshooting, fact checking and error correction.
- J.G. & Associates, Yorba Linda, California, April 1989-December 1990
Translated documents and newsletters from English to
Spanish for management firm.